- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh aioli
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons drained baby capers
- 1 green apple, cut into matchsticks
- 300g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 250g savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) skin-on salmon fillets
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Lemon cheeks, to serve
Place the lemon rind and half the lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the aioli, sour cream and capers. Season. Whisk to combine.
Place the apple and remaining lemon juice in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Add cabbage, mint, dill, chives and aioli mixture. Toss well to combine.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pat salmon skin dry with paper towel. Season. Cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking.
Divide remoulade and salmon among plates. Drizzle with extra oil. Serve with lemon cheeks.