- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 500ml water
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 250ml coconut milk
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pan, sauté onion until soft.
- Add curry powder, sauté 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, water, carrot chunks and sweet potato chunks.
- Simmer on a low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add coconut milk and puree mixture with a stick blender or in a food processor.
- Reheat gently.