This recipe is great when you mix both carrot and parsnip into the recipe.
- 450grams of parsnips or carrots. Peeled and cut into 7 to 8cm strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, plus 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Mix parsnips with chopped rosemary, garlic and oil on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread out in a single layer and scatter with rosemary sprigs.
- Roast for 10 minutes; turn parsnips and roast until parsnips are tender and browned in spots. This should be a further 10-15 minutes.
- Crumble leaves from rosemary sprigs and discard stems, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon cumin over the top.
- Further season to taste with salt, pepper plus more cumin.