- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 100g marinated feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on medium heat. Use a zester to remove rind from lemon. (Alternatively, using a vegetable peeler, peel rind from lemon. Use a small sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice lemon.
Whisk lemon juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a small jug. Season well with salt and pepper.
Drizzle remaining oil over asparagus. Cook asparagus on grill, turning, for 3 minutes or until bright green, tender crisp and slightly charred. Transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle over lemon dressing. Sprinkle with lemon zest, feta, mint and almonds.